The Northwoods Solar Group Buy is in collaboration with Carlson Electric, a member installer. Homeowners, businesses, and nonprofit organizations in the following counties in northwest Wisconsin: Eau Claire, Chippewa, St. Croix, Douglas, Bayfield, Ashland, Iron, Burnett, Washburn, Sawyer, Price, Polk, Barron, Rusk, Dunn, Taylor, Clark.
The Dane County Solar Group Buy is endorsed by the Dane County Office of Energy and Climate Change and is in collaboration with member installers, Full Spectrum Solar and Midwest Solar Power, LLC.
Growing solar in Wisconsin starts with folks in communities like yours who are passionate about renewable energy or energy independence and are looking for ways to act.
Here are a few ways you can help spread the word about this opportunity:
1.) If you’re not familiar with solar group buys, attend a live- or pre-recorded webinar. Webinar participants will learn:
- How we produce clean, renewable energy from the sun
- How solar protects against rising energy costs
- How participants reduce or even eliminate their electric bill
- How quickly investing in solar can pay for itself
- How solar increases property values
REGISTER HERE to attend the first Northwoods Solar Group Buy webinar, Tuesday, April 6 from 6:00-6:45pm.
REGISTER HERE to attend the first Dane County Solar Group Buy webinar, Tuesday, April 13 from 6:00-6:45pm.
2.) Spread the word. Word of mouth is one of the best ways to get a message across. Whether you’ve installed solar or not, you can help all of us generate more collective power from the sun.
- Pass this information to a friend, family member or neighbor who may be interested.
- Ask that information about our solar group buys be posted on your municipality’s or community group’s website or newsletter.
- Post about the group buy to your social media platforms.
And new this year, Legacy Solar Co-op expects to see the number of program participants grow dramatically because of a financing option available with greenpenny. Greenpenny is a virtual and carbon-neutral bank dedicated to sustainable financing that is located in the Midwest, and serves residents, businesses, non-profits and farmers.