Slice of Sun Solar Bonds
Even if you live in the shade you can build a solar legacy!
Legacy Solar Co-op helps community groups manage the economic hurdles of financing costly solar installations through the sale of solar bonds. Some institutions can’t take advantage of the tax credits available to other organizations. This makes investing in solar a nearly impossible financial burden without some sort of assistance. Legacy Solar Co-op provides that assistance with our unique approach to solar investing.
…(W)e have to find creative ways to fund solar. Legacy Solar Co-op helps fill that need and provides a means by which more people can enjoy the benefits of a renewable future.”
– Hans Breitenmoser, Breitenmoser Family Farm, Merrill, WI
Legacy Solar Co-op is your community solar matchmaker:
We find projects that need funding and we match them with tax sponsors, either within their organization or within our membership. Then we raise a portion of the financing through issuing co-op bonds to our members who want to invest in growing solar in Wisconsin. LSC’s Slice-of-Sun Solar Bond program facilitates community solar projects up front or in the first year of the project’s development. Projects differ in costs and benefits, but over time and across many different projects, solar has a solid financial value that pays back those who helped fund a project in the first place.
- Visit our Project page to see examples of our projects
- Details on the Slice-of-Sun Bond Program can be found in our 2021 Member Bond Disclosure Packet
- Use this form to purchase solar bonds (alternatively, a mail-in form is available in the Member Bond Disclosure Packet)
- If you have questions about the program, please contact us at email@example.com.