Residential Solar Advising
Legacy Solar Co-op now offers solar advising to residents anywhere in Wisconsin.
If you are considering solar, we want to make it easy for you. We can put together a brief site analysis, answer questions you might have, and help you choose the right solution for your home or property.
When you are ready to move forward with your solar array, we will connect you with one of our trusted member installers.
How do I start?
- Submit a Solar Assessment Form. This form will ask some simple questions, such as: the type, age and structure of your roof; your goals and motivations for going solar. It will also ask for your electrical usage data.
- We send you a free Solar Snapshot. Based on the information you provide, this brief report (see example below) gives the potential size and placement of your solar array, ballpark cost, and the utility savings you may experience.
Then what happens?
If, after reviewing your snapshot, it seems like solar might be a good option for you, the next step would be to schedule an onsite assessment with a trusted solar installer in your area. They will come to your house and provide you with a quote for the solar system they would install for you.
Legacy Solar Co-op can recommend installer(s) that will accommodate your location and type of system (roof mount, ground mount, off-grid, etc.)
We can offer our expertise. If you need our help by analyzing one or more installer quotes, we are here to help!
We can take a look and help you make sense of the details of your quote including:
- the solar modules, inverters, and other equipment proposed
- their cost and available warranties
- help evaluate which system is right for you
- compare multiple quotes if you get them
- answer your questions about solar
This evaluation service is provided at a fee of $200 for Legacy Solar Co-op members — but you will get $100 back upon signing with an installer. ($250 for non-members.)
If you have questions, please reach out to Peter Fiala at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 2014, Legacy Solar Co-op has worked with hundreds of homeowners, nonprofit organizations and businesses on their solar goals. We are well-qualified to represent you as your solar agent and to help you install the best system for your home.