We congratulate Emmanuel Community United Methodist Church in Menomonee Falls as one of our newest projects to go solar this year. Installed by member installer Arch Solar, the church invited us to help them advise them on their project in 2021. Their system is within weeks of commissioning by WE Energies, but they couldn’t wait to celebrate the solar savings they will soon realize! LSC staff attended their ribbon cutting on May 7th.
Legacy Solar Co-op is proud to announce the ribbon cutting ceremony for Curative Connections’ Solar Panel Project taking place Thursday April 20th from 3-4pm in Green Bay. Read more
Legacy Solar Co-op has experience working with community institutions, including local governments, faith- and service-based organizations, to:
- Find them reliable, quality vendors.
- Navigate the project development process, including product research and site evaluation.
- Find the best way to pay for their solar project, including possible financial assistance options.
If your humane society is investigating solar, please reach out to us and we would be happy to help. Here are a few humane societies/facilities we’ve helped so far:
- Humane Society of Burnett County, Webster
- Washington Co Humane Society, Slinger
- The Farley Center, Verona
Download an example document with these projects.
In 2016, the Willy Street Co-op partnered with Legacy to install 212 LED lamps and 90 solar panels at their east location. They provided the roof-top; Legacy provided the technical assistance and tax financing; Full Spectrum Solar installed the panels. This energy efficiency and renewable energy project has saved over 200,000 kilowatt-hours and over 120 metric tons of carbon emissions so far. And, this month the Willy Street Co-op purchased the array outright from the tax sponsor and bondholders. Not one LED lamp has needed replacing yet, and there are still 19 years of warranty on the solar panels. It has already been a good investment and proves to get even better as time goes on.
Watch for a case study on Legacy’s first project involving tax equity financing, coming full circle. As more projects are purchased by their hosts, we can really amplifying celebrate the benefits of tax equity financing.
Congratulations to Willy Street Co-op on taking full ownership of their solar array!
Legacy Solar Co-op Team, 10/10/19
The First Unitarian Society in Madison is hosting a ribbon-cutting on October 13 (at 12:30pm) to commemorate their new rooftop solar system (installed by Full Spectrum Solar), which, combined with energy-efficiency measures, will reduce their electricity demand from the grid by more than half. Read more about this project.
Blackhawk Church Fitchburg‘s system was switched on in September – Installation by H&H Electric.
- Humane Society of Burnett County (HSBC) launched their new system with a ribbon cutting on September 29, the largest solar array in Burnett County! Installation by Carlson Electric. Read more.
- Solon Springs School District is being installed in October. Installation by Carlson Electric.
- St. John’s Lutheran Church in Oregon voted overwhelmingly to install within the next six months.