We are excited to announce that Legacy Solar Co-op’s Kurt Reinhold, President & CEO, received the Sustainable Leadership award from the Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council (WSBC)!
WSBC helps businesses in Wisconsin transform by integrating sustainable principles and putting them into practice. The Sustainable Business Awards recognize businesses and individuals who prioritize sustainability and are making strides towards impactful change in Wisconsin.
“These awards are meaningful recognition of companies and leaders working to drive positive sustainable solutions through organizations or an industry,” says Jessy Servi Ortiz, Managing Director of WSBC.
Kurt was awarded in the category of Sustainability Champion. The WSBC outlines that the Sustainability Champion award goes to an individual who:
- Creates systems that integrate sustainability, for example, develops metrics, policies, or processes
- Works to generate buy-in, and align sustainability with corporate culture
- Engages stakeholders on sustainability through multiple channels, recognizing and celebrating successes
- Creates opportunities for leadership and/or innovation in others or departments
- Makes sustainability personal and perhaps contributes to their community in a meaningful way
- Goes above and beyond, whether sustainability is their job title or not
Kurt will accept his award at the 2021 WSBC Conference on December 15th at the Ingleside Hotel in Pewaukee, WI.
After learning of his award, Kurt was interviewed online by Jessy Servi Ortiz, Managing Director of WSBC.