Iowa County Solar Group Buy
The Iowa County Solar Group Buy is proudly supported by Iowa County CLEA-N, in collaboration with Timmerman’s Talents.
Iowa County CLEA-N (Clean Local Energy Alliance – Now) was created by the Driftless Area Land Conservancy, along with dedicated area activists. Its mission is to explore options for and engage in initiatives to advance the local ownership and control of a clean energy future in Iowa County, paving the way for the creation of the county as an energy district.
“The Iowa County solar group buy is spot-on with the goals of our CLEA-N program. CLEA-N strives to lower energy costs, reduce fossil fuel reliance and keep energy dollars in the local community. That’s exactly what small scale solar does! We’re so grateful to be partnering with the friendly, knowledgeable folks at LSC in helping more Driftless Area residents enjoy the benefits of solar energy.”
Chuck Tennessen, Climate & Energy Coordinator, Driftless Area Land Conservancy
Timmerman’s Talents, LLC is a full service installer of wind, solar electric, and solar hot water heating systems, serving Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, and Iowa.
How long does it last?
Legacy and installers are offering this opportunity from July, 2021 through the end of 2022. As we get closer to the end of the year, installations may need to be scheduled for early 2022.
Who is eligible?
Homeowners, businesses, and nonprofit organizations anywhere in Iowa County, Wisconsin.
Where do I start?
If you’re not familiar with Solar Group Buys, watch our recorded, educational webinar (link below) to learn more about the Iowa County Solar Group Buy. Webinars which will include a brief presentation by Legacy Solar Co-op and greenpenny. On these webinars, participants will hear from the installer and have the chance to ask questions. On our recorded and live webinars attendees will learn:
- How to produce clean, renewable energy from the sun
- How solar protects against rising energy costs
- How participants significantly reduce their electric bill
- How quickly investing in solar can pay for itself
- How solar increases property values
- How they can access financing at competitive rates
WATCH our recorded webinar for this solar group buy:
If you would like us to present to your group, please email Peter Fiala at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you Ready to Start?
If you would like us to send you a custom solar report with the following information, start by completing a solar assessment request form and we will respond promptly. The report will include:
- If your property is a likely candidate for solar, based on site information, your utility bills, photos and address information
- A maximized system size based on how much energy you use and your utility
- Ballpark estimate of the cost of your array. Based on site information and factors such as the system size, ground vs. roof mount and roof type
- A simple financial analysis with annual estimated cash flows of system vs. reduced monthly utility bills, factoring in the cost of financing (if applicable)