Jackie Harrison-Jewell, 2/25/19
When was the last time investing made you feel really good? Sure, investing in bonds is a smart thing to do with your money. It’s generally secure and often pays better, more consistent interest than other investments. But do you really know where your money is going? What it’s doing? Do you feel like you’re making a difference?
Investing in Legacy Solar Co-op’s Slice of Sun bond program is different. With LSC’s bonds you know exactly what your money is doing. All funds raised by the sale of Slice of Sun bonds finance Wisconsin-based solar, installed by local vendors and contractors, with local, primarily nonprofit clients, including city and county government institutions, service organizations and faith-based communities.
Contact us if you want to buy a slice of sun for your community.
This year investing in our co-op will help groups like these:
- A very popular youth skills training non-profit is looking to secure financing for their 100 kilowatt (!!) project for their new location here in Madison.
- Three Madison-area churches are vying for support for their solar projects this spring. We’ll give more details once we have tax sponsors lined up.
- Three agricultural businesses through the Wisconsin Farmers Union are looking for support for their projects — you could earn 4-6% and help these businesses grow solar for their operations!
- Two school districts up in northern Wisconsin are looking for material support through the Legacy Solar Co-op. We need to sell a lot of bonds to help them!
- One housing development complex in northern Wisconsin is looking for a tax financing solution and considering LSC’s model for part of their development costs.
- More than one other Wisconsin VFW has voiced interest in building on our success with the Truax-Longmire Post #8483 solar project by adopting projects of their own!